Monday, September 14, 2009

Corn Corn Corn






So every August we put corn, and it seems like it is the same weekend every year, and usually that weekend is hot and sunny, well this year it was that weekend when it was cold and rainy and the wind was blowing, in my mind a perfect day to put up corn. I love doing corn, the shucking, the boiling, the cutting off the cob, the mixing the corn with sugar and salt. It is just one of those proccesses that is fun and the whole family gets together to put it up. I look forward to doing corn each year. This year we had chili and cinnamon rolls and plenty of pepsi. It was a fun day. But then aren't those the best days when your family all gets together and you can laugh and talk and just enjoy being in each others company.

1 comment:

  1. Molly, you even make corn work sound fun! Wish I'd been there! Maybe someday you can teach me how -- I'd really love to do that. There's a corn festival near here every year. :)

    ReplyDelete